Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter fun!

Easter this year was a small family affair, which was nice because it meant that there was Ham and that there was a lot of it to go around. Now this may not seem like a big deal to some of you. Some of you may be thinking "Ham is good, but it's all about the same... very ham-ish." This is where you are sadly wrong my dear readers. Not all ham recipes are created equal. In fact, there is only one that is absolutely the best, and we make it! Curious? Please let me know and I will send you the recipe. Anyway, Easter was also my "day off" from calorie counting and my no sugar goal, and let me tell you, I took advantage of the situation. As a result, I'm working out extra long and hard for the next few days, and I won't be going near a scale for at least 2 weeks. :) But oh man, it was worth it.

On another note, the girls also had a good Easter. I didn't want to emphasize the Easter Bunny and goodies because I don't want them to think that Easter is just another Christmas in April. They did get presents, and they did get candy, but I tried to keep it low key. I am big on Easter dresses though. It's the first time in a while (at least it has been this year) where it was warm enough on a Sunday to wear cute spring dresses, and so we did. I got Eloise's dress from the baby shower I had for Evelynn (she was way to big for it by the time she was 14 months, but it fits Eloise, so I'm glad it's finally getting some use) and Evelynn's dress came from DI ($3!). I am a firm believer of not spending a lot on my kids clothes, and my mom and mom-in-law help out immensely on this by buying a lot of clothes for the girls themselves. So here's some pictures of our Easter. The only pictures missing are from the meal. I meant to take a picture of the ham, but I got too excited and ate it instead.


Cute girl #1

Cute girl #2

Eloise has a gap in her front teeth, part of the Jacobson genes. She's still dang cute though.

It was impossible to get pictures of the girls sitting next to each other. One or the other wanted to come after the camera.

Evelynn's Easter basket. She got stickers, a Disney princess hair brush/clips kit, a notebook, crayons, and some candy.

Eloise was so excited to get her basket. She had those eggs opened in 10 seconds flat. She's a lot smarter then I remember/realize sometimes. She got sidewalk chalk, stickers, and a book.

Look what I found in this thing mom! Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment