Sunday, December 20, 2009

The year in review

I know I'm a little early to do a year in review, but it seems like nothing new or exciting is going on right now, so for lack of something better to write, this is what you get. Don't get me wrong, we've been very very busy with Christmas preparations, Grandma coming, and Doug applying for grad school, but as far as new and exciting things, we're slightly lacking. Anyway, on to the pictures, which is why you all even look at my blog, I know.

Evelynn started the year off with a double bang on the table and the chair directly under it, which resulted in this unflattering picture. :) (Jan 2009)

She then decided from then on to fix her own owies herself. (March)

The big accomplishment of the summer was getting her a bike and her learning to ride it. It was SO nice for me, because our walks all of a sudden were cut down to half the time they usually took (which is nice when you're late to the library story time or need to go quickly to the store). She loved it, I loved it, and Eloise wants one desperately now. She looks like such a big girl on her bike. It really made me realize how much she's grown up! (May)

Evelynn and Eloise have started playing very well together this year, which has been wonderful for me as well. They crack each other up. This was a summer evening where Evelynn and Eloise decided to race through the tunnel at full speed, and Doug was lucky enough to catch a few shots. Please see corresponding picture of Eloise below. (June)

Evelynn will be 4 in about five weeks, which boggles my mind. How on earth do I have an almost 4 year old?! She starts sunbeams at church in two weeks, which is exciting. I hope she does well. She knows a lot of the songs, but the class she is in is rather rambunctious... we'll just have to see. At least she'll finally be with other kids who are close to her height, so she won't look so out of place in her class. :)

Here is Eloise one year ago. She has grown SO much and her little personality has solidified, and I love her to pieces. She has a sense of humor and a laugh that are totally infectious. I love to hear her and Evelynn laughing because it always makes me laugh too, without fail. Another wonderful addition this year was hair for miss Eloise! You can see the progression below :) (January)

Little fuzz head at the park in Provo Canyon. We had quite a long stretch of time where her hair stuck straight up, no matter what we did to it. Now it doesn't stick up, it lays flat and sticks straight out! :) One day she'll have enough hair to look normal. Until then, we love our little fuzz head! (April)

Eloise learned this year that camera's were for smiling at, and the more outrageous the smile, the more attention she gets. As a result we got some rather wonderful pictures. (June)

Here is an example of her humor. All on her own she started to make these faces for us. Classic Eloise :) (November)

Look at my big girl! I love this kid so stinking much! I also love the other tall girl in the pink coat just as much! Somethings I have learned from this year are first that I am swamped with pink in several different shades and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, and I'm finally ok with that. There have been several occasions when Evelynn gets dressed in an outfit that is comprised of 4 different shades of pink, from her shirt down to her shoes and coat, and there is nothing I can do about it. It's their favorite color, hands down, which is good since it comprises 75% of their wardrobe. Secondly, when sisters play together, its either all in and things go swimmingly, or it's a disaster from the moment they wake up. There seems to be very little middle ground for these girls. But the times they do play well together are absolutely wonderful and I love every second of it. Thirdly, I've learned that when you put two smart energetic people together and they have kids, you get two even smarter and more energetic kids from them. These girls wear me out. And I get taught lessons from them everyday. They make laugh every day. It's awesome, and so very very very hard. Lastly, I've learned (and am still learning) that I need to treasure each special moment I have with these girls. They grow so fast and change so much in a year that I feel like time just slips away from me. One day I hope to be able to appreciate everything motherhood throws at me. I'm not there yet, but hopefully one day.

1 comment: