Thursday, July 22, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new

This past weekend I participated in my first yard sale with three other sisters in my ward. We had a LOT of stuff to sell, and still do in fact, but we also sold a lot of stuff. Between the four of us, we made almost $600! I made the least amount, mostly because I had the least amount of stuff to sell, but that's ok. I got rid of about 1/3 of my stuff! The garage sale is being continued this weekend, so for any of you who read this and want to come down between 7-11am to Provo, please do and buy my stuff! :) Anyway, last week after the first exhaustive round of yard sale-ing, Doug and I took our earnings and bought bunk beds for the girls off KSL. I think we got them for a steal! We paid $125 for these solid wood, detachable bunk beds (so they could become two twin beds) in prime condition in Sandy. Sweet! We bought mattresses at Sam's Club and put them together all in one night. The girls love them. Evelynn is so proud to sleep on the top bunk, and Eloise loves the concept of her "big girl bed" even though she is having a little bit of a rough time transitioning to it from her "baby crib." We're getting more and more successful every night though, so that's good. I now have an old bed and mattress to sell at this weeks garage sale, though I doubt anyone would buy the mattress since we got it for free and it's a little bit, well a lot a bit, junky. Anyway, here's pictures of the new beauty! The only draw back now is that the girls have about a 3' x 9' space in their room to maneuver around, so they definitely can't play in there unless it's on their bed (which has been the happy case thus far, but not forever I'm sure). We are so out growing this wonderful little house! Hopefully we can hang on a while longer.... especially with our next addition only 8 hot week away!


At least she had no trouble adjusting to the new bed. It only took one time bonking her head on the ceiling for her to learn not to stand up, but that's all. :)

We got the beds finished at 10 pm, so poor Eloise was begging to go to sleep by the end of it.

4 comments:

  1. Those bunk beds look great! We just bought ours off KSL too. We haven't picked them up though. And we still need mattresses. I'm hoping Davin will do well with the transition to the big boy bed. I'm sure it will be a process though. I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! That's so exciting. I am just excited because I'm halfway there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! They are so adorable! I remember my bunkbed as a kid. It was so much fun!

    My goodness, only 8 weeks?! Time really does fly doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look really nice! That is awesome. Hopefully Eloise adjusts quickly to the bed, for your sake. Has she fallen out yet? Malea did quite a bit at first, even though her toddler bed has a rail. I keep a folded up quilt at the foot of her bed to cushion the fall lol. I'm sure you know this put you can buy plastic rails at like Walmart or Kmart that fold up. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She fell out of bed last night for the first time, and although she screamed horribly it was only for a minute and then she went right back to sleep. Maybe that'll teach her. ;)

    ReplyDelete