Holy business Batman! I feel like have no time to do anything important, like blog about my son's birthday (which happened over a week ago) or talk about my Dad's visit, or my mother-in-law's visit, or record something about my ever growing-up family! Well, here goes something I guess.
My baby boy turned 1 last week! Hooray! One is such a cool age. He cannot walk or talk yet, but he can cruise, stand on his own, go up and down stairs, figure out toys that confound my older girls, drink from a sippy cup, is ALMOST DONE NURSING, (yeehaw!), eats by himself almost every meal, sleeps through the night, loves loves loves his sisters and chases them around all day (which is why he sleeps so well at night), has one tooth, loves giving kisses (which are a little dangerous with that one tooth now) and loves his momma, and I love him! He is seriously the most happy kid. We had a pretty quiet party. My mother-in-law flew into town the day of and we went shopping for a gift for him. He chose his own gift, a car-carrier truck (I really have no idea what the proper name for them is) and he loves it. :) Then there was cake, of course, but no ice cream. Not like he hasn't had it before, several times. I am SO much more lax on the sweets thing with this child than I was with the girls. It's just easier, and it doesn't seem fair to deny him something he knows everyone else is enjoying. Of course, now he knows what ice cream looks like, so I couldn't really deny him even if I wanted too without damaging my ear drums. At his one year appointment he weight 20.8 lbs and was in the 20th percentile, and then I forgot his height but he was in the 51st percentile there. He's growing up too fast, but we love him to pieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment