It has come to my attention that several of you (meaning the one person who lists themselves as "anonymous" in the comments) have been wondering just what the Jacobson Family has been up to. So with one more adieu it's time for one of Doug Jacobson's famous Randomly Sporadic Jacobson Family Updates. Many of you may remember (though the memories are most likely extremely suppressed) the popular email series of the same name. So now, without further adieu the update begins (man I wish this guy'd just get to the point!):
2012 has been an extremely exciting year for the Jacobson family, much better than 2011 was and it's only been two months!!
Last month Doug applied to the Master of Environmental Science program at BYU (WHAT?!? He's still not working on the masters? What in tar-nation has he been doing this whole time? [He has been taking classes in the science departments to prove his ability {apparently Political Science is not sci-ency enough} to do science before applying] Man what a slacker) He plans to begin his grad work this August (which is awesome because he is sick of taking entry level courses with a bunch of freshmen). He will be researching verticillium leaf wilt in lettuce (It's going to be great! I'll have a hydroponic system set up and then will inoculate the lettuce and then [snore alert], whoops sorry).
Doug has also been riding his bike to work (you should see his calves) since August and is more than ready for the weather to warm back up (not much snow this year but we've had some cold mornings).
Geneen has been slowly, but surely wasting away to nothing. She has caught the dreadful running bug and is skinnier than she was in high school (Doug tried to insert some suggestive, inappropriate, umm... interesting comments here, but don't worry, I stopped him [who are you? {none of your business}]). She is currently training for the Canyonlands half marathon in Moab. She will be racing the 13.3 miles in mid-March. Her longest run to date is 11.3 miles so she is well on her way. (She is also currently arranging a bunch of fake flowers behind me on the kitchen counter, but I don't think those kind of details generally make it into updates like this one).
Geneen is also an awesome mother (and not nearly enough could ever be said in appreciation of all that she does and puts up with staying home day in and day out with our children. Truly a somewhat thankless task at times. She rocks! [She really really does {it can't be said enough, she's awesome ((totally [[you've got that right]]))}]).
Gosh darn-it I love me some parenthesis.
Evelynn just turned six on the 31st of January. She is so excited. She also goes to kindergarten and according to her teacher is doing really well. She loves school, is quite a good reader, and that's awesome (having her read the bedtimes stories is pretty great). Evelynn loves to sing, dance and draw. She has become quite good at all three and there are scores of pictures all over the house to prove at least one of them (man if only we had a scanner we could share those masterpieces with all of you [this is not a hint to grandparents {obviously, grandparents don't read blogs}]). She and her sister, Eloise, are great friends (Why did you specify her sister's name? Everyone who reads this blog knows Elosie's name [be quite, I was being polite]).
Eloise turned four the day after Evelynn turned six, unfortunately due to Geneen and Doug's scheudles this past week it mean that her birthday was somewhat neglected as we celebrated both their births on Evelynn's real birthday (as she was so quick to point out, over and over again). Eloise loves being four and can't wait to be five so that she can start school and be just like Evelynn.
Michael is doing great (minus the screaming) he has been so healthy this winter (unlike last winter). Michael loves chasing his sisters around the house trying to join in the fun. He recently gained the ability (read height) to open all the doors in the house (including all doors that lead outside [much to the chagrin of his sisters, who don't like his new-found ability to be wherever they are]) He is starting to say many more words (I'd provide a list, but lets be honest, it's probably just the same words that other kids his age say and I'm sure you've seen lists like that before so just refer to one of those). However his most preferred form of communication is PAS (which does not stand for Patience And Signing, nor does is stand for Practice And Speak, no it stands for Point And SCREAM [and when I say SCREAM I mean S-C-R-E-A-M {and when I say S-C-R-E-A-M I really mean S - C - R - E - A - M}]). But we love him and have decided to keep him around.
Well there you have it. That's what we're up to right now. It's busy, it's chaotic, but it's a fun life.
Finally, I feel validated!
ReplyDeleteVery nice update. Congrats on grad school, which I had no clue about, even though my office is just next door to yours!
ReplyDelete