"Evelynn, get on this bike so we can see if it's the right size for you"
"I don't want to."
"Don't you want to ride this bike?"
"No."
"Do you want to take this bike home?"
"What?"
"Should we put this bike in the car and take it home with us?"
"Yes."
"Then you have to ride it so we can see if it fits.'
"Okay."
Tearfully she approached the bike. We put her on it and it was a perfect fit. Since bringing it home we have hardly been able to keep her off of it. She absolutely loves to ride and does a good job of it. It makes long walks much more enjoyable as she is content to ride as long and as far as we will let her. She still rides a little slowly but I'm sure that before I know it I'll be wanting her to slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment