Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bumped heads and clean gargaes

These two don't go together, but I didn't want to make two posts, so you get two stories together. On Saturday we tackled a huge project... cleaning out the garage. I didn't get a before picture, but I can describe it well enough. The garage was full all the way to the door, and you could not easily walk inside or access anything except the lawn mower, which was in the front, blocking the way to anything else. It took Doug and I a few hours to get it all emptied, swept, de-cobwebbed and then to sort through the stuff and throw a LOT of junk away and put the rest in the front yard with a "FREE" sign for people to take away. We had an old jogging stroller, fish tank, broken bike, broken lawn mover, toys and a few more things in the yard, and they were all gone in an hour. So awesome because I don't know how we would have gotten all that to DI or the dump. Here is the finished product!


All those boxes on the dresser and the big white thing actually belong to BJ who is storing stuff in between moving apartments, so once that is gone there will be even more space!

In other news, Eloise fell off the back steps. Our back door opens up to a small porch with 2 1/2 steps leading down it to the concrete. There is not much porch right outside the door and Eloise was coming out and I let go of the screen door too soon and it knocker her right off the edge, head first onto a rock on the pavement. Yes, it was bad. This was the result, and the expression she has on her face she had all day long. She would not smile almost all day. She must have had a whopper headache. I thought she might have a concussion, but she was much better the next day and the nurse at the doctor's office talked me through my panic and explained what to look for in a concussed child, so she turned out she was fine, minus a bump.

You can see the shape of the rock in the bruise. I felt so awful since it was totally my fault that she fell. Luckily kids bounce back well.

No comments:

Post a Comment