Friday, March 19, 2010

Rex Lee Run 2010

I ran the Rex Lee Run this last weekend, and it made me a little sad since it's probably the last race I'm going to do in Provo, unless I feel like doing a super-human feat and running while even more pregnant.... yeah that doesn't look too promising. Anyway, my time was good--not as good as in times past, but heck, I am pregnant! My official time was 26:49 which translates into an 8:39 minute mile, quite satisfactory. :) It's also very cool that I am in a new age bracket (25-29) because it totally ups my placement in the age category. For example, I got 11th place in my age bracket, where in the 19-24 bracket (which I was in last year) I would have gotten 39th place. It doesn't really matter since neither of those spots gets any prizes or recognition, but it does make me feel good.

While it's cool that I ran the Rex Lee, it's even cooler how many people from my ward did as well, and how well they did. Way to go girls! You know who you are :). If I was going to be here next year, I would consider putting together a ward cross country team and then we could have matching shirts for races and run in a pack and totally kick trash. But... grad school calls. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment