WE'RE HAVING A BOY!!!!!
Yep, it's official, we're having a boy, and he was very proud to show us the fact that he was a boy, so there will be no mistake. It's pretty cool, in a surreal sort of way for me having only carried girls, to now be carrying a man child. As you can imagine, Doug is extremely happy about this. He was super cute at the ultrasound, giving me a BIG smile and a fist pump when the technician announced the gender. Not like we couldn't tell for ourselves in the picture (yes, it was that obvious) but its nice to have a professional confirmation. Everything else with the baby looks awesome and is progressing nicely, which is so nice. In other news, I had a terrible dream last night that I went to the ultrasound this morning and they told me I was having TRIPLET boys, and I cried and cried and cried. First off, it meant that we wouldn't be going to grad school because we would desperately need our insurance and a steady source of income, second I was crying because I knew I would get huge and I didn't think I would ever return to a normal size, and thirdly because I thought I would go insane trying to raise triplets. Turns out I got the gender right, but the quantity wrong, which is FINE by me.
In other other news we got into grad school, as you saw in my last post. This means that out of who knows how many applicants, Doug was accepted as one of 10 students for this next school year. School starts August 23, so we'll most likely be moving the weekend before. I say most likely because we are waiting for one more school to come through (either yay or nay). It looks like we're 80% sure we're going to Kansas State, so there you go.
That's the big news from the Jacobson family thus far. I'll keep posting as new cool and unusual things come our way!
In other other news we got into grad school, as you saw in my last post. This means that out of who knows how many applicants, Doug was accepted as one of 10 students for this next school year. School starts August 23, so we'll most likely be moving the weekend before. I say most likely because we are waiting for one more school to come through (either yay or nay). It looks like we're 80% sure we're going to Kansas State, so there you go.
That's the big news from the Jacobson family thus far. I'll keep posting as new cool and unusual things come our way!
Congrats!!! How exciting and fun and crazy busy your life is!! I can't believe how big a beautiful your little girls are! Yay for a baby boy on the way. Grad school, wow, good luck! What an adventure!
ReplyDeleteof COURSE you're having a boy! Do you know what ward you are in? the boy girl ratio is like 26:1!! Anyways congratulations! I'm sad you will move away and we won't get to see him grow up but thank goodness for blogs right?
ReplyDeleteSo that's where all the boys are! I was looking around our primary room and noticing how vastly outnumbered the boys are, the ratio of girls growing with a new family who have 5 girls and 1 son--I was so worried about all those girls growing up and no boys to match up with, but now I know they are all in your ward, so no worries! :o)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That's so exciting, sounds like things are just perfect for you guys these days! And I also thought that commercial was funny, thanks for reminding me about it! Hopefully we'll be able to see you when we visit in July!
ReplyDeleteSuper news! Congratulations. The part about the triplets dream is funny...and I love that in your dream state you thought of three very rational reasons to cry.
ReplyDelete