My baby is sick. Not just the sniffles or a fever. He's really sick. He is sicker than any of my kids have ever been. It's heart breaking. Our family has been going through a very rough health patch lately and Michael is the last one to get this cold from hell, but he's gotten it the worst. He just lays around all day moaning, sleeping and coughing, sometimes all at the same time. I've taken him to the doctor a couple of time and they have said it's not RSV...yet. All symptoms point to that becoming a reality any hour now, but so far we've been lucky. Now all I have to do is convince his sisters that he is too sick to play with, and he's too sick to take anywhere so please don't be too disappointed that we're not going out much in this beautiful weather.
On another health note, I took Evelynn and Eloise in for their 5 and 3 year appointments on Monday. They are both healthy-ish and progressing well. Eloise still has an ear infection from her round 2 with the cold from hell, and Evelynn's ear infection was not quite cleared up yet either. But they are both super smart and right on track for their height and weight curves.
Evelynn's stats are:
Weight: 47.62 lbs 88th %tile
Height: 46.1 in 97th %tile
Eloise's stats are:
Weight: 31.75 lbs 62nd %tile
Height: 37 in 50th %tile
So I have one huge child and one average child. :) Someone got the tall genes and someone got stuck with the short Jacobson genes. Oh well. I thought it was interesting that in one year Evelynn only gained 4 lbs but grew 3 inches, and Eloise also gained 4 lb and grew 3 inches. This is also interesting since Eloise is a HUGE eater, while Evelynn could and sometimes does live off apples. Oh well. I think this shows that my kids are very active, which is good and exhausting.
Evelynn had to get her shots for kindergarten, which I knew about and explained to her before we went. I find it amazing that she's old enough now to reason with me about scary/hard situations, but only as long as I don't spring the situation on her. For example, a few months ago we went into WIC and Evelynn had to get her finger pricked for a blood test that I didn't know about before hand. She freaked out. Like I had to hold her down bodily for a finger prick. But this time I told her she was going to get a few shots, it would hurt for a minute then feel better, and then we would go get ice cream if she could be brave. She DIDN'T CRY for 4 shots! Not even one tear! She said ow each time, held my hand and and made it through like a champ! The nurse said she hadn't ever had a kindergartner not cry with their shots and was thoroughly impressed. I was too. Eloise got a shot as well, but I didn't know about it until we got there so I had assured her she would not be getting a shot but she still got ice cream. When she found out she had to get one, she was NOT excited. I took off her pants and she asked what I was doing, so I said "Ummm... " and then the nurse came in with the needles and she was up like a shot across the room. "No, I don't get a shot! No shot! I don't want one!" We made it through with only my lying mostly across her. Good thing ice cream cures all woes. We've had a rough few days though because immunizations are hard an everyone. Not terrible, but a little more tired, a little less happy, and a little sore in the legs. One plus was that Evelynn slept in till 7:20 this morning, a full hour and 20 minutes later than most days. It was nice. I wish that effect was permanent.
Poor Micheal :( We have gotten sick a lot this year too, we are still getting over a cold that started two weeks ago. Malea just had her 3 year appt and has a sinus infection, and Dr. N checked Isaac's ears while we were there and he has an ear infection. Can't wait to get out of cold and flu season! Hope everyone gets feeling better soon at your house.
ReplyDeletePlease call me if you want me to take the girls!!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything is alright with poor baby Michael! Janet said you were making a trip to the doctor/hospital/something instead of coming to Annie's babyshower. That's too bad on multiple counts: we missed you AND it means Michael isn't feeling too great.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete