Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas part 2

These pictures are from Christmas morning. Doug and I were way more excited for Evelynn to experience Christmas than she was, so WE were up and wired at 6:30 (we forced ourselves to stay in bed until 7:15) and then we had to wait for Evelynn to wake up, which didn't happen until almost 8:00. Of all the days in the year to sleep in, she picked this one! I'm sure everyone else in the house appreciated it.

Evelynn just waking up. She was really confused for a minute because we rearranged the living room to better accomodate everyone.

I love her bed head hair! And yes, I was eating cereal. I'm a grump unless I have food in the morning, Christmas or no.

This is when she realized that we finally got to open the presents that she has been asking to open for weeks. She's pointing the the one she wants to open first.


The morning crew. :)
Lovely Lizzy!
Here are the stockings. There were stickers everywhere in 10 minuutes flat, including in Eloise's mouth and hair. Got to love stickers!

This was the top of some candy Evelynn got. Eloise played with it almost the whole time we were opening gifts. It's all she wanted for Christmas!

New toys from Grandma Kartchner. The one Evelynn is playing with is actually a CD player with microphones you can sing into karyoke style and the one Eloise is playing with makes lots of noises, lights up, and sings annoying songs that stay in your head all day.....I've learned that toys for grandkids are the way grandparents get even.

The new Christmas dress was a big hit.

Mark got an iPhone. I'll never understand my parents. And Mark never belives me when I say I never got anything that cool when I was his age, and he is totally spoiled.

I got Doug a rootbeer making kit. If anyone knows Doug and his obsession with rootbeer, they'll know why this was an awesome gift.

Lori made Mark a "snoogie," which is a blanket with arm holes sewn into the front. There is an actual advetized product for this, and I encourgae people to find it and watch it because it's scary funny. Mark was overjoyed. He loves blankets. Lori even sewed on gloves to the sleeves so he would be completly warm. I told him he could cut off the fingers on the gloves so he could play his video games in complete comfort. Dad didn't like that suggestion too much. :)

Lizzy gave Doug cash, because that's what he said he wanted. Our family tradition is to make one gift for the person you have that year, and so she was at a loss of what to do when I told her he only wanted cash. So she made this sweet card to go with it. There is even a pull tab at the bottom left that makes a lego pop out (he wants cash to buy his lego set). Very awesome.


This was the big Santa Claus gift for Evelynn and Eloise. She was so excited when we pulled this one out of the closet.

Doug found this sweet lego table and duplos for the girls, and it was an instant success. My Dad said I was insane for letting Doug give the girls something with so many pieces, but Doug is a lego fanatic, and he was just doing his best to instill the love of them in his kids at an early age.

Eloise thought the dinasours were the best.

Evelynn got some play necklaces and wore all of them all day long.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for legos!! What a great gift to give your kids--a gift of creativity!

    ReplyDelete